Sunday, July 12, 2009

Let's play spot the differences!

How many changes can you find in the 2 photos? The first photo is from July 1st and the second one is from July 11th. The differences are listed at the bottom of this post.

This photo shows additional construction not visible in the other photos. The forward deck has had strong fillets done and been fiberglassed. The upper breasthook is in place and the sheer clamps have been planed. The cabin carlins to support the cabin decking are also in place.

Differences in the 2 photos:
1. Rear cabin wall fiberglass tape installed.
2. All topsides stitches removed and fillets done.
3. Topsides fiberglass tape installed.
4. Sheer clamps and seat back stringers and cleats glued in place.
5. Sheer clamps and stringers planed to accept seatback top.
6. Tricky transom skirt blocking glued in place. Tricky because it has about 3 or 4 different angled cuts to match the seatback top and the rake of the transom skirt. You can see a boo-boo I fixed with a seatback stringer that I cut short before realizing it had to be longer to reach the transom skirt.
7. Interior of seatbacks all epoxied.
8. Transom top was trimmed 1/4 to 3/8 inch to fit the transom skirt. Somehow it was taller than the full sized pattern from the plans. My story is that it was cold outside when I cut the transom and it expanded in the hotter summer weather; I am not going to admit to measuring wrong :-)

No comments: